Princess Meghan is HOME!

What a crazy 24 hours it has been! Yesterday around 1 pm I headed out to Disney’s Coronado Resort to meet up with my friend Jenn who was also running the Disney’s Princess Half Marathon. We checked into the hotel, then headed over to the ESPN Wide World of Sports for the Disney’s Fit for a Princess Expo. Wow! We picked up our race packets, our shirts, and did a bit of shopping. I also got to meet up with my friend Karen, another runner, who I hadn’t seen in over 10 years. It was awesome!







After the expo Jenn & I headed over to Olive Garden to have a nice, yummy, card filled dinner. Oh so yummy! Then we headed back to the hotel to get our stuff ready for this morning and go to bed. We were good girls and in bed before 9, but I’m pretty sure I only got 4.5 hours of sleep. But I was still up and ready to go at 3 am! We were out the door by 3:20 and to the race by 4.







Once we were at the race there was a LOT of standing around. We had to be in our corral by 5 am, but our corral didn’t cross the start line until almost 6:30 am. At least there was entertainment and fireworks 🙂






It was a long, LONG run. We did pretty good until about mile 8 when we started slowing down, but we were still maintaining our time and not in danger of being picked up by the shame mobile. The last three miles were rough. I realized around mile 11 that I had one HELL of a blister on my right baby toe and by mile 12 I couldn’t even put pressure on that side of my foot. The running about came to a halt, but I kept moving forward. No giving up at this point! I almost burst into tears about 1/2 a mile out because I just couldn’t believe that we were about to finish a 1/2 marathon. WE RAN A 1/2 FREAKING MARATHON THIS MORNING!

After we came across the finish line we got some water/powerade, got our medals (so pretty!), and got our pictures taken. After grabbing a couple snacks we found a place to sit down so that we could eat and I could get my shoe off. Oh my poor toe. It was just one big toe shaped blister. It hurt so bad. I didn’t even put my shoe back on. After a little rest we grabbed Jenn a coke and headed back to the car (which we werent exactly sure where we left it). I got a pin and did a little surgery on my foot. Oh yuck. That’s all I have to say.

I was in my car and headed back to my apartment by 11 am. It was crazy. I picked up my puppy and headed home. It took awhile before I even had the energy to take a shower. I got out of the shower and all I could think about was sleep. Glorious, glorious sleep. It was awesome!

It’s almost 6 hours later and I am SORE. The idea of putting on shoes is just… horrible. I’m going to have a celebratory dinner with some friends, and then probably crawl back into bed. How is it I feel so horrible and so great all at the same time? It was an insane experience, but I definitely think I was to do it again. When? I have no idea! I’m probably not going to run this week, but I’ll definitely continue running. I mean, I ran a freaking 1/2 marathon this morning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.