I will be the first to admit that even though I’m still really on edge about being out and about in the age of Covid-19, I’m also getting a bit stir crazy. I think I’ve run out of things to talk to myself about! So next week, I’m heading to the Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive for a little working staycation.
Wyndham properties have made a lot of changes to their processes to help keep their guests and staff safe. Keeping you safe starts the moment that you arrive at any of the Wyndham properties. If you want to limit your time in public spaces, you can check-in without ever leaving your car. You just pull up to the front door and someone will come out and assist you. This is a great idea for families who don’t want to unload the whole gang and head into the lobby just to get some room keys.
The hotel will be implementing stringent procedures to help make the property a healthy, safe space for guests and employees alike. They will be following the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s (AHLA) “Stay Safe” guidelines, as well as all Centers for Disease Control & Prevention’s (CDC) recommendations. These changes include:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas, including lobby reception areas, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, pools, exercise areas, and more.
- All employees will receive COVID-19 safety sanitation protocol training, and employees will follow Personal Protective Equipment recommendations from the CDC.
- Public spaces and communal areas will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day, with an emphasis on hard non-porous surfaces.
- Pool seating will be reconfigured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests.
- Meeting and banquet arrangements shall allow for physical distancing between guests, based on CDC recommendations.
We will be staying in a suite on this visit since it will be a working staycation, so we plan to take full advantage of what the suite has to offer. We will be bringing along drinks and snacks so that we can minimize going out for things we really don’t need to. I wanna save my “out of the office” time for things like eating dinner at a great restaurant or sneaking a ride on The Wheel at ICON Park. But even if we don’t want to head out to eat, there is an on-site restaurant and bar that are poolside. Can’t go wrong with that!
To make sure that guests feel safe in their rooms, Wyndham has implemented the following guest room cleaning procedures:
- All Guest Rooms will be cleaned following Ecolab hospitality COVID-19 guidelines.
- Ecolab has developed multi-surface cleaners that are hospital-grade disinfectants delivering consistent levels of cleanliness.
- High touch areas such as coffee maker, ice buckets, lights switches, door handles, drawer handles, safes, remote controls, clock, phones, lamp switches, temperature controls, faucet handles, toilet and toilet handle and all other hard surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized after every guest stay.
- All Guest Room linens will be changed out between guests.
- Reusable collateral will be removed from all guestrooms.
- Disposable collateral to be changed after each guest stay.
- In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping and engineering will not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols.
- Housekeeping will maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
I have gotten to where I’d rather not have housekeeping in my room during a hotel stay anyway, so most of these changes are just fine with me. If we need something during our stay we can just call the front desk and they will take care of it.
The Wyndham Orlando Resort’s property lends itself well to social distancing. As a true Florida resort, guest quarters are situated around a sprawling courtyard. The sprawling outdoor areas allow guests to explore secluded spaces in what feels like a tropical oasis tucked just off the bustling I-Drive. With a central location, guests can enjoy the fresh air on a short walk to a number of world-famous attractions.
I’m looking forward to getting out of the house for a few days, working, and spending time with my friend that I haven’t seen in WAY too long. Check back soon to see how it all goes!
*Disclosure: I have been provided a complimentary stay and other perks by Wyndham Orlando Resort. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.