Elsie over at A Beautiful Mess posted a challenge to her blog – create 4 simple goals to accomplish by the end of the year. Here are the guidelines…
1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example…. instead of “lose 10 pounds”, choose something like “eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day”. get what i’m saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! i’ll be doing this too! links back to this post are appreciated.
I definitely want to play along, so I’ve spent some time thinking about my 4 simple goals for the rest of the year and this is what I came up with.
1. Stay Healthy! Due to all of the mess over the last year I lost 20+ pounds, and let me tell you it’s amazing. I’m so happy with my new self and I want to keep things the way they are. So my goal is to eat better and exercise more. It’s mainly about maintenance. I want to maintain my current weight/size. If I happen to lose more weight, so be it. But it’s definitely not the goal.
2. Go to a concert. I know it sounds REALLY simple and kind of silly, but it’s really a big deal. I haven’t been to a real concert in over a year. I used to attend a LOT of concerts and I’d like to get back to it. Live music always makes me smile.
3. Visit a new place by myself. I’m actively working on this one right now. I’m trying to find someone to go to Labor Day. Unfortunately it may not end up being a new place, but it’s a start. I’ve never really traveled alone unless it was for work and I’d like to change that.
4. Learn to cook. I can bake like nobody’s business, but cooking… I think not. It drives my mom crazy because she always cooked when I was growing up. I picked up the sewing, and the baking, and the general craftiness – but not the cooking. I’d like to learn. Even if I’m not great at it, I’d like to be able to at least do it.
So there we go. My 4 simple goals for the rest of the year. I plan to keep everyone updated on how I’m doing with my goals. Who else wants to play along? What are your goals?