Last week was just crazy insane. I’ve sat down a couple of times to write and just couldn’t figure out where to start. So I’ll try and make as much sense as possible, but don’t hate me if it just comes out a jumbled mess.
- My mom’s surprise birthday weekend went of swimmingly! It didn’t get off to the best start though. As a surprise for my mom, I had her best friend fly in the weekend. She was supposed to get in at 5:45 on Friday and then I’d pick her up at the airport and take her to my mom’s. First I found out my mom had plans for Friday night (DOH!), but was able to just tell her I had some things to do and would just head over later. Then her best friend’s plane was delayed… almost 3 hours! I ended up having to tell a couple little white lies to my mom and we finally ended up getting there around 10 pm (instead of the 7 pm we originally planned on). She was so surprised! It was awesome. She was even more surprised when we went out to dinner Saturday night and it turned out to be a surprise party with 7 of her closest friends. I was quite impressed that we were able to surprise mom twice in one weekend. It was the happiest I’d seen her in a long time and it more than made up for all the stress.
- My back got better and then worse. I woke up Sunday with all sorts of new pains (great). I went to physical therapy last night and I think it will help. I’m not looking forward to the painful exercises they’ve got me doing, but in the long run I think it will help more than just my back.
- My 3 month subscription to Match.com is up in a couple of weeks and I’ve gotten no where. The only guys that have showed any interest, which isn’t many, haven’t been my type. I’ve ‘winked’ at a few guys and even sent an email, only to get no response at all. It is quite depressing honestly. I keep reading over my profile trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Do I come off that crazy that I don’t even notice it? So i’m a little frustrated in the dating department right now. I don’t even know what to do or where to go from here. Hiding under a rock sounds like the best idea at this point.
- Work has been a bit better, although not being able to take off time when I hurt my back did stress me out a bit. I have 5.5 more weeks until I can take any vacation time. I’m almost thinking about scheduling a day off on the first available day just because I can. That day ALSO happens to be my bestie’s birthday, so we shall see.
- I had finally gotten my sorry self back to the gym the week before I hurt my back, but of course I haven’t been back since. The physical therapist said I could ride the bike or WALK (nice and slow) on the treadmill, but no running just yet. So I think when I get home today I’m going to do a couple miles on the bike before I do my exercise. I know I haven’t, but it feels like I’ve gained 10 pounds in the last week. I really need to get moving.
So yeah, that about covers what I’ve been up to lately. I’m looking forward to the upcoming 3 day weekend, but dreading it at the same time. At least college football starts that weekend 🙂