When I woke up this morning on the “wrong side of the bed” I realized that it had been awhile since I’d done a post about me and how I was doing. I really don’t want to make this a whiney post. I don’t want to go on and on about how much things suck… mainly because I don’t want to read the comments (or receive texts) about how I need to focus on the good stuff. I know things aren’t THAT bad and I know I have good stuff going on, but it doesn’t change that a) things are hard right now and b) I’m just in a slightly foul mood. So in order to keep everyone “happy” I’m going to do today’s post in a list format. It’s not going to be a long list of things I want to complain about, just a list about my life in general right now.
- I never posted about the wedding that I was in a couple of weeks ago in Savannah. For the most part it went well and I had a good time. Unfortunately my ex-husband was there and some people couldn’t really handle both of us in the same place at the same time. I had fun, I was very happy to be a part of their special day/weekend, but I was also VERY happy to come home.
- I’ve been unemployed for just over 6 weeks now. I lost my job (long story) and then I spent 5 of the last 6 weeks trying to get my unemployment figured out. It’s hard to get the government to give you money when they have no record of you working for the last year. Sigh. The stress of not knowing if I’d have any money before the next round of bills was due was killing me. I didn’t want to go do anything or spend money, but I couldn’t take sitting in my apartment day after day. So it was a sticky situation. Finally everything got worked out last week and things are good in that department. I’m still looking for a job. I’ve had 2 interviews so far, but nothing has panned out. *fingers crossed*
- I’ve been a little better about my running this month. I’m trying to get my race schedule figured out for the rest of the year. Finding races for the summer in Florida is fairly hard because of the weather. So far I only have July figured out.
- I’ve been trying to clean the “craft cave” for about a week now. I really need it clean so I can start making a mess again 🙂
- Because of the top two things on this list I have been very unmotivated lately. I get up in the morning and do my job search right away. But then by the time I’m done I’ve pretty much lost all motivation and don’t even want to get up off the couch. Some days I do, some days I don’t. I’m hoping to get over this soon because it’s QUITE depressing.
- My love life is well… it’s very lacking. 2011 has definitely NOT been my year in that department.
- One of the perks of not having a job is I get to hang out with my puppy all day. Right now she is laying on the floor next to where I’m sitting on the couch. Even when things aren’t so great, that sweet little face makes things a little bit better.
- I love my friends. They are the reason why I have not completely lost my mind. Between trips to the springs to float in a tube, and pictures of sex shops in Canada, and beers at the pub, and really REALLY long dinners at Cracker Barrel they keep me sane 🙂