Today is the day that we start our count down to Christmas. Instead of the normal 12 Days of Christmas this year, I figured I would go with a 12 Days of Christmas MOVIES. Christmas movies always put me in a good mood and I feel like this year we can all use a little extra holiday cheer.
1.National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – Do I even have to explain this one?? Growing up my parents went a little crazy with the Christmas lights, so I heard my dad called Clark more than a few times. This movie always makes me smile and gets me in a festive mood.
2. The Holiday – Is it even really Christmas if you haven’t watched The Holiday?
3. Scrooged – Regardless of how much time has passed, this one is still amazing. I rewatched it last year for the first time in a long time and now it is back in the holiday rotation.
4. Miracle On 34th Street – This one needs NO explaination.
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas – You can’t go wrong with a little Tim Burton during the holidays.
6. Holidate – This Netflix film definitely put a smile on my face. If you’ve ever spent the holidays having your family or friends asking why you are alone, you totally need to watch this one.
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas/The Grinch – I prefer the original, but the remakes have been pretty good too. You can’t have the holidays without the Grinch!
8. Home Alone – If you grew up in the 90s, you’ve probably seen this more than once. You could even make a night of it and watch Home Alone 2… but I’d recommend stopping there. No need to keep going with the weird additions after that.
9. Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey – I haven’t seen this one, but I’ve only heard good things. This one celebrates the yuletide season with a holiday adventure whose exuberant spirit is matched by its uplifting message.
10. All the Christmas Cartoons – Charlie Brown, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, and the Grinch – just watch them all!
11. Die Hard – I know there is a lot of debate about this one, but it is a holiday tradition in our family to watch this on Christmas Eve. I mean really, how can you go wrong with a Bruce Willis action flick while you wait for Santa to arrive?
12. White Christmas – I am not a huge fan of musicals, but I have always loved White Christmas. And it is a great one to watch on Christmas Day, especially if you live somewhere that it doesn’t snow (like I do).
So there ya have it, my 12 Days of Christmas Movies. Did your favorites make the list? Are there any you would add in?