Since it is Thanksgiving I wanted to do a post about the 10 things that I’m SUPER thankful for. I have a lot in my life to be thankful for, but these things are at the top of that list!
1. My friends & family – I know this is a bit of a “lame” answer, but it is oh so true. My friends and family make my life so much better and are always there to help me through the hard times. This past year I feel like I’ve finally gotten back to my old self and that has a lot to do with my friends and family. I love them and I’m so lucky to have them.
2. Pepper – This one is a no-brainer and I’m pretty sure it needs no explanation.
3. Running – Running has done SO much for me, both physically and emotionally. I’ve run 7 half marathons – something I never thought I’d ever do, become a race ambassador, and made so many new friends. Running has shown me what I’m capable of and gives me self-confidence that I never had before.
4. Diet Dr. Pepper – I love this stuff! I know its a silly thing to be thankful for, but I am.
5. Social Media/Cell Phone/Laptop/Internet – I lumped these all together because I am thankful for them all giving me the opportunity to stay in touch with family and friends and to make new friends. Sometimes the digital age is a bit scary, but right now I’m thankful for all the positive things its brought to my life.
6. Yelp – This time last year I decided to go to my very first yelp event… by myself. It was an awful drive out to the event and I almost turned around and came home twice. But I finally decided that I’d already spent so much time trying to get there that I might as well keep going. While standing in line for dessert I met two amazing ladies, who then introduced me to two more. That is the night the YelpSisterhood was born. This amazing group of ladies has helped me to get myself back on track and get back to “me.” I am thankful everyday that I met them and get to spend as much time with them as I do.
7. Meghan on the Move – This blog has brought me SO many opportunities over the last 6 months. I’ve gone new places, experienced new restaurants, made new friends, and tried new products! Its given me an outlet for what seems to feel like an endless stream of randomness that comes from my brain. Has everyone ever told you how HARD it is to be a creative type sometimes? Well it is! And this blog helps me to get some of that randomness out.
8. My house – Yes I am thankful that I have somewhere to live, because that is super important, but I’m thankful for MY HOUSE. I moved into my current place about 2 years ago and its the best thing I could have done. My apartment never felt like home because it was somewhere I HAD to move. I never really decorated much because it didn’t feel like it was really my place. But when I moved into my townhouse I was determined to make it mine. The very first thing we did was paint 2 rooms. I bought a new bedspread and redecorated the bathrooms. My place feels like home. It looks how I want it to look, it has the things I want in it, and I love being there. Its nice having such a great place to come home to.
9. My Laura – I am truly blessed to have the bestest bestie in the whole wide world. I have some amazing friends to begin with, but this lady takes the cake (and bakes them too! ha!). I don’t have to hide my crazy from her, we are always on the same wavelength (one brain!), she brings me up when I’m feeling down but also lets me vent when I need to, she encourages all my hairbrained ideas, and is just always there 100%. She is my rock and I love her for it.
10. My momma – She gets her own “thing” because she is freaking amazing. After my divorce I realized just how much our relationship had been messed up over the 5 or so years before. I HATED realizing what a mess it had become and how much of that was my fault. 5 years later things are back to normal (at least normal for us) and it is wonderful. I talk (email/text/phone) to my mom almost everyday. She’s the first person I think to call when something good (or bad happens). She is my mom, but she is also my best friend. I am who I am because of her. I am thankful EVERYDAY that she is my mom and that I have the amazing relationship with her that I do.
I hope everyone will take a few moments today (and really, everyday) to think about the things that they are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!