So awhile back I came across the Contigo Autoseal Kangaroo Water Bottle with Storage Compartment on Amazon.com. There were a few reasons why I liked this bottle…
Product Features (from Amazon.com):
- Made from BPA-free material
- Patented autoseal lid is 100% leak-proof and 100% spill proof
- Drinking made easy; Press to sip; Release to seal; autoseal automatically seals between sips to ensure no spills.
- Patented carabiner clip on the handle allows you to take this mug wherever you go, attach it to a bag strap for hands-free portability.
- Patented lid technology optimizes flow control to make the bottle easy to drink from.
The main feature of this bottle that the description didn’t mention is the storage. A place built right into the bottle that you can store your ID/credit card, cash, and a key. How cool is that? I usually end up pinning my car key to my shirt and then spending my whole run checking, and double checking, to make sure its still there. I know, you are thinking “but what if you lose the bottle? Or set it down?” Well then I’m SOL 😉 I usually don’t bring a water bottle with me on runs because I think it is a pain to have to carry one. But now its multi-functional, so I’ll be more apt to use it. Plus it is getting into Summer here in Florida and I REALLY need to start having water with me at all times. And even if I didn’t bring this bottle, I still run this risk of losing my car key with it pinned to my shirt.
How cool is that storage section?! The gray storage piece, which houses the storage section, slides off the bottle once you remove the lid. So you can set it aside when you are cleaning or filling the bottle, and it doesn’t have to be on it all the time either.
So how did it fair on my run around the lake yesterday? It did all right.
- I had a place for my ID and my key, which made me feel safer.
- It was good to have water on hand since it was fairly warm out.
- Kept me from having to stop at the water fountain.
- I’m just not used to carrying a water bottle when I run.
- It is a little bulky, so I had to keep switching hands.
All in all I like the bottle and I’m glad that I finally broke down and got it. I’m not sure what I’d think of carrying it on longer runs, but we shall see.
On a side note, my run today sucked. It REALLY sucked. I started off in a great mood and my feets were totally diggin’ the new shoes. I got one lap around the lake in when my right knee said “Hey you! I don’t like this!” I walked for a few and then picked up the running again. By the end of lap #2 my knee was REALLY not happy with me. With just 0.75 miles under my belt I called it quits and headed to my car. My knee started bothering me about a week after my 10k, which is part of the reason for not running lately. It pretty much felt better since last Wednesday so I thought I’d be fine today. Really not sure what the deal is 🙁