One of the first gourmet coffee brands in the U.S. was born in 1980 when a traveling grad student from Winter Park, Florida developed a taste for Peruvian coffee and returned home to create his own crafted blend and eventually open a café. Forty years later, Barnie’s Coffee & Tea Co. has evolved into a worldwide leader of premium coffee and tea, continuing its mission to pioneer the world’s most dramatically delicious flavored and premium roasts and deliver them within the reach of everyone’s cup.
Barnie’s has spent four decades curating the best beans from around the globe, earning accolades for its proprietary blends and signature flavored coffees, and receiving awards at international coffee competitions. Most importantly, though, the company has built a loyal customer base of flavor fanatics by delivering the perfect cup of coffee; whether it’s an everyday drink, a special occasion roast, or a celebratory seasonal blend, like its wildly popular Santa’s White Christmas®.
Celebrating 40 years of flavor
This month, Barnie’s has its own reason to celebrate and is commemorating the milestone with several special activities to thank its loyal fans and give back to the Central Florida community that has supported its success. Here’s what’s brewing:
- At Barnie’s Park Avenue café on Friday-Sunday, October 23-25, customers can enjoy 50 percent off all hot and cold poured coffees. Barnie’s will donate proceeds from these sales to the Winter Park Public Library.
- Bragging rights and social media snaps are coming right up for café customers who purchase a commemorative Ruby Latte, a scrumptious blend of coffee, Grenadine, mocha and whip cream with a gorgeous red hue and cherry on top, available for a limited time through November 15.
- Coffee is the ultimate bi-partisan drink. In the weeks before the big election, Barnie’s invites its fans to vote … for the company’s Spring 2021 flavored roast, that is! Customers can “let their voice be brewed” by voting for Butterscotch Latte, Honey Almond or Mudslide Brownie, then receive a 20% off discount code at the end of the poll. visit barniescoffee.com by November 15 to enter the poll.
- Online customers can enjoy 15% off $40+ purchases at barniescoffee.com using the code SAVE15 through November 15.
- Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings and City of Winter Park Mayor Steve Leary are proclaiming October 23, 2020 as “Barnie’s Coffee & Tea Co. Day” in the County and City of Winter Park, respectively.
A history grounded in proprietary blends and signature flavors
Barnie’s Coffee & Tea Co. was founded decades before the industry was talking about artisanal coffees, baristas and the “third wave coffee” movement. The company cultivated many of its loyal customers in the 1980s and ‘90s while operating 125 coffee shops, primarily in mall locations across the U.S. But, as consumer buying preferences evolved, so too, did the company’s operations.
Today, Barnie’s Coffee & Tea Co. is an omni-channel coffee and tea retailer, providing category-wide consumer products at a variety of price points and taste profiles, from delectable flavored coffees to its Crop•Ex line of single-origin, small batch roasts, and from single-serve and wholesale solutions to Fueled by Barnie’s licensed cafes and wholesale coffee operations in partnership with colleges, museums, offices and food operators in Central Florida and throughout the southeast, including Cask & Larder at Orlando International Airport, Rollins College, Orlando Science Center, Seminole County Schools and The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando. Barnie’s products can be purchased online, in select grocery stores, from licensed foodservice providers, and at its company-operated café in Central Florida, where it is headquartered.
Barnie’s has a rich heritage marked by an ongoing passion for innovation and ingenuity. “While our 40th anniversary is an opportunity to tip our hat to the past, our best years lie ahead as we continue to blaze bold new ideas to reimagine the coffee-buying experience for our customers in exciting new ways,” said Barnie’s Chief Sales & Marketing Officer Scott Uguccioni.
This includes renewing the company’s commitment to its limited-time flavored roast program. “Our customers spanning all 50 states and beyond are flavor fanatics, particularly this year when so many can’t travel safely and are seeking new culinary experiences from the comfort of their own homes,” Uguccioni added. “We’ve been selling out our limited-time flavor roasts every single time.”
Raving fans agree. Said Cortney from Wisconsin: “When Barnie’s says that a bag of coffee is Strawberries and Cream, it’s gonna taste EXACTLY like that. Barnie’s coffee is magical ….from caring staff to roasting wizards, Barnie’s is a special company with an exceptional product.” Added Doreen from Tennessee: “What I love the most about Barnie’s is the fact that the
flavors are roasted into the bean. That makes a huge difference. Right now my favorite is the Southern Pecan and the Pumpkin Spice, but I’m open to all the flavors and have been sampling all of them. I’m so thrilled that all these years later, I can still enjoy Barnie’s coffee.”
Barnie’s newest flavor, Gingerbread Cookie, launches October 15 and joins a long history of innovative, award-winning flavored roasts and more than 20 flavors now available online at barniescoffee.com, including Southern Pecan, Pumpkin Spice, Cool Café Blues®, Creamy Buttery Caramel, Barnie’s Café Blend®, and America’s favorite holiday blend, Santa’s White Christmas®. The price for Gingerbread Cookie is $10.24 per 12-oz bag.