We have finally made it to the end of my 6 goals in 6 weeks adventure! Sometimes it felt like it was flying by, and other times it felt like it was dragging on forever. So how did my last week of 6 goals in 6 weeks go? Did I do any better?
1. Less soda – Still stuck with 48 oz or less during the week and even less on the weekend which is great.
2. Exercise/Run at least 3 times per week – Unfortunately I took a nasty fall on Saturday and I wasn’t able to run this week. I went to the doctor Friday and he told me to hold off at least another week. Not the way I wanted to end my #6in6, but I guess that’s life.
3. Lose 6 pounds -Even Steven! I haven’t lost any and I haven’t gained any. I guess that is better than nothing! I wish I had misplaced those 6 pounds, but I guess they are sticking around for the time being.
4. Go to yoga once a week – Iwasn’t able to make it to yoga this week 🙁 My pain from my fall relocated and I just didn’t want to push it. I was bummed, but I also didn’t want to cause anymore problems.
5. Only eat out twice a week – I only ate out twice this week! Hooray! My 3 day trial from Fresh Meal Plan definitely helped me stay on track at the end of the week. Two of the meals that were delivered weren’t used on their delivery day because I ate out, so I was able to get another day out of my 3 day plan. Awesome huh?
6. Drink at least 72 oz of water a day – I drank at least 100 oz of water everyday again this week.
Overall I feel like I did pretty well with my 6 goals in 6 weeks. I was able to totally crush three of the goals – less soda, yoga once a week, and drink at least 72 oz of water a day. I kept my soda intake below 48 oz EVERY day, I went to yoga 5 out of 6 weeks, and I drank 100 oz or more of water EVERY day.
The running was hit or miss, but I still ran more over the last 6 weeks than I did the previous 6 weeks. Or even the previous 12 weeks for that matter. I didn’t lose any weight but at least I didn’t gain any either. The better I do with running (and eating out) the better I will do with the weight as well. Only eating out twice a week went better than I expected. Even on the weeks that I ate out more than twice it was only 1 more meal. So that is still pretty great.
I am really glad I did this 6 goals in 6 weeks feature. I am definitely going to do it again in the near future. I have my first half marathon of the season at the end of October and I’m thinking about doing my next #6in6 the 6 weeks before that race. Any suggestions on what my 6 new goals should be?