So I saw on Meals and Miles today this 11 Random Things post. I haven’t had a lot of inspiration for blog posts lately, so I thought this may help jump start things. So here goes!
Here are the rules: (i’m changing them up a bit!)
1. Post these rules (check!)
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the person who tagged you.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Select 11 peeps and tag them on twitter, facebook, or on their blog. I’m switching this up – I’m tagging all of you.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I am an only child. Both of my best friends are also only children.
2. I have lived in Florida all 32 years of my life. My dad is also a native Floridian. There aren’t many of us left!
3. My beautiful dog Pepper is a “rescue.” She came from a breeder but I got her for free. When she was just a small pup she was attacked by her owner’s pot belly pig. She was bitten all down her side which caused all of her hair to fall out. Because of this they were unable to sell her. Fast forward 5 months and they needed to get rid of her to breed their dogs again. They were willing to give her away if someone would take her. That was almost 7 years ago 🙂 She is the best dog and I love her so much. Every time I eat pork I giggle to myself and say “this is for you Pep!”
4. I am obsessed with cupcakes. I like to bake them, eat them, and wear things with them on them. On trips I seek out cupcake shops and bakeries. For the last probably 4 years I’ve gotten at least one thing cupcake related for every birthday and Christmas.
5. Up until I was 22 I suffered from chronic appendicitis (yes, it really exists). It took three times before it finally hit me bad enough that I landed in the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. It was the day before I was supposed to leave on vacation with my relatively new boyfriend (who eventually became my husband, and then ex-husband). He met my parents for the first time in the ER, in the middle of the night. He definitely got brownie points for that one, especially since he told me that we wouldn’t go on vacation unless I went to the doctor first. The surgeon ended up telling me that we would have only made it 1/2 way to our destination before my appendix would have burst. Fun huh?
6. The only thing I’ve ever broken was my baby toe. I ran into a bar stool in our kitchen.
7. After next weekend I will have run THREE 1/2 marathons in one year! I am BEYOND excited. Considering that I’ve never been athletic and just started running in November 2010, I’m pretty darn impressed with myself.
8. I love tacos from Tijuana Flats and would eat them everyday if I could. In fact, for a couple of months (during a very hard time in my life) I ate nothing but Corn Pops cereal and tacos from Tijuana Flats.
9. I’m 5’10” and I rarely ever wear flats. It drives my dad crazy because I’m all ready taller than him and then most of the time I wear heels that add another 3-4″ to my height. I just feel weird in flats. Pretty much the only time I wear flats is if I’m running or wearing flip flops (which tends to happen AFTER running).
10. My feet have spread since I started running and I now have to buy most of my shoes half a size bigger. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal but now I can’t steal my mom’s shoes. Bummer.
11. I <3 Dr Pepper!
Meghann’s 11 Questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
I think I would like to live on an island for a year. Maybe a small beach hut where you leave the windows open all the time and spend the days renting scooters to tourists. I imagine the end of one of the Bourne movies, where he finally finds his girl and she owns a scooter rental place. Sounds like a wonderful change of pace.
2. What were you like in high school?
I was a great big dork. I was in all honors and AP classes, and so were most of my friends. I was the props manager for the drama productions. I was vice president and then president of student government. I was the manager of the boys volleyball team. I even had to give a speech at graduation.
3. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
I was a freshman in high school, so I guess that means I was 13ish? It was with my first real boyfriend. Who also happened to have broken up with me to go out with my first real best friend. Crazy huh?
4. What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
I’m not much of a coffee drinker, but I do hit up Starbucks in the fall for their Pumpkin Spice Latte. I LOVE tea, but usually just stick with a basic hot green tea with honey if I’m out and about.
5. How many states have you lived in?
ONE! I’ve lived in Florida my entire life 🙂
6. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
On the phone – last night at the end of a quick chat with my dad, In email – about 20 minutes ago to my mom.
7. What is your favorite color?
Orange orange orange! In 2008 I got very involved with the Fiskateers and became obsessed with Orange. Now my craft room is all orange, black, and white. I get way to excited anytime I see anything orange. It is definitely my happy color.
8. Favorite cartoon character?
Winnie the Pooh 🙂
9. What were you doing a year ago today?
Freaking out about running my first 1/2 marathon in just 10 days. Today I’m excited about running that same 1/2 marathon in just 10 days. It will be my 3rd 1/2 marathon in a year.
10. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Heck if I know! I think ultimately I’d like to be an event planner. I’d love to plan birthday parties (for kids and adults), weddings, or any other kind of big celebration. Parties have always been a big deal in my family and I am a born planner. Getting paid to plan parties for other people would be a dream come true.
11. Today is going to be a great day because…
I get to go home in an hour? Ha ha. Because I said so!
Since my brain isn’t working too well, I’m going to use some of the 11 questions that Meghann had to answer along with a few of my own:
1. What is your favorite local restaurant? (no chain restaurants here, unless its a chain that is specific to your location)
2. Where is the strangest place you’ve vacationed?
3. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
4. What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in life?
5. How do you think people would describe you?
6. What is the last book you read?
7. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
8. If you could pick a tv character to be for the day, who would it be?
9. In case of a fire, what is the one possession you would save?
10. What is the ugliest piece of clothing you own that you can’t bear to get rid of? (Bonus points for a photo!)
11. What is on the top of your bucket list?