I love to bake! I can cook and I will on occasion, but I LOVE baking. But even when you love something sometimes you just need a shortcut. I kept seeing this one type of cookie on Pinterest and today while I was at the store I had one of those lightbulb moments. I could totally make a semi-homemade version.
With a short list of ingredients, including a cookie mix, the thing that takes the longest is chilling the dough. Even with the time for that you could have these cookies done and on the table in less than an hour. How’s that for easy?
Semi-Homemade Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Betty Crocker Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Mix
2 Tbsp Oil
Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix cookie mix, egg, and oil together.
2. Chill cookie dough for 15 minutes.
3. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. The mix says it will make 15 cookies, but I got 20 out of mine. And I probably could have stretched it to 24 since a couple turned out a little big.
4. Roll balls in powered sugar to completely coat (the powdered sugar comes with the mix).
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges are done.
6. Right after you take them out of the oven press a kiss into the middle of each cookie.
*Helpful hint: Unwrap your kisses while the cookies are in the oven, that way they are ready to go when the cookies are done.
And there you have it! Quick, delicious, and pretty cookies for your next party. This recipe makes just enough to fill up a container to bring to a party or put on a tray with a few other cookies.