Summertime marks the beginning of barbecue season – and
Tony Roma’s is known for BBQ Baby Back Ribs. Now through August 18, Tony Roma’s is offering a special menu that allows guests to experience some of Tony Roma’s signature dishes in a unique and savory way. During my recent Staycation at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive I was able to check out this new summer menu.
This special menu showcases new ways to enjoy our World-Famous Baby Back Ribs with a fun, casual vibe,” said Chef Bob Gallagher, Sr. Vice President of Culinary and Beverage. “Our guests from all over the world are in for quite the treat, as this menu offers the chance to experience our signature dishes in a unique and savory way.”
The new items include:
- Tony’s BBQ Trio: World-Famous Baby Back Ribs with original BBQ sauce plus guest’s choice of one chicken dish and one pork dish. Served with corn on the cob, coleslaw and fries.
- Chicken: Choice of quarter BBQ chicken or Crispy Nashville Hot Chicken on bread and topped with pickle slices.
- Pork: Choice of grilled smoked sausage or pulled pork on white bread and topped with original BBQ sauce and pickle slices.
- Loaded Tater Tots: Crispy potato tots loaded with a blend of Cheddar and Italian cheeses, bacon and chives. Served with chipotle sour cream.
- BBQ Baby Back Rib Flatbread: Pulled BBQ baby back ribs, caramelized onions, BBQ ranch, Cheddar cheese, charred jalapeños, with a BBQ sauce drizzle.
- Summer Peach & Blackberry Cobbler: Fresh berries and peaches baked with a crunchy topping. Served warm with two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Watermelon Romarita®: Sauza gold tequila, Cointreau®, watermelon puree. Served with a salt & sugar rim and fresh watermelon garnish.
- Alcohol / Alcohol-Free Lemonades
- Strawberry Lemonade: Fresh lemonade, Absolut Citron vodka, strawberry puree, fresh strawberries.
- Jack Daniels® Lemonade: Fresh lemonade, Jack Daniel’s®, lemon wheels.
I must admit that ribs are not my favorite dish when dining out, but I was excited to try out the new summer offerings. We started out with the
BBQ Baby Back Rib Flatbread, Loaded Tater Tots, and the Watermelon Romarita. We could have stopped right there and I would have been a happy camper! The Watermelon Romarita was the perfect cocktail for a hot Florida afternoon and the Loaded Tater Tots were like loaded fries – but way better.
Next we moved on the main event – the Tony’s BBQ Trio. It includes their World-Famous Baby Back Ribs with original BBQ sauce plus guest’s choice of one chicken dish and one pork dish. Served with corn on the cob, coleslaw and fries. To make sure we had our bases covered we ordered both chicken and pork options. The Crispy Nashville Hot Chicken and grilled smoked sausage were my top picks. Add in the alcoholic lemonades they are offering and you’ve got the perfect summer meal. But wait – there’s more!
We finished off the evening with the Summer Peach & Blackberry Cobbler. Oh. Em. Gee. I’m not usually a fan of fruit desserts (I would pick something chocolate any day of the week) but this was the perfect end to a summertime meal. It was just sweet enough to balance out all the BBQ. I wish I’d had more room to enjoy the entire dessert, but I think I did a good job regardless.
This special menu only goes through August 18, so if you have a Tony Roma’s in your neck of the woods I’d recommend stopping by to check it out. The Watermelon Romarita and cobbler alone make it worth the trip!
Disclosure: My friend and I were treated to a meal at Tony Roma’s during our staycation. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.