Did you know that Sunday, September 16th is National Guacamole Day? Just in time for your big guacamole filled celebrations, today I’m sharing the recipe for Cocina 214‘s amazing guacamole.
Yield: 1 batch serves approximately 8 people
6 avocados (halved, seeded & peeled)
1/4 medium red onion (diced)
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 jalapeno (seeded & diced)
1 roma tomato (seeded & diced)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 lime juiced
- Scoop avocados into large stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Add the squeezed lime juice and coat avocados.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mash together.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chip and/or lime wedge.
If you aren’t up for making your own guacamole but still want to celebrate, you can head to either of the Cocina 214 locations in central Florida. My suggestion is to head to the Daytona Beach location so that you can enjoy your guac with some amazing ocean views!
What will you be doing to celebrate National Guacamole Day?