As a runner I know that I should cross train, but there aren’t a lot of other activities that I like. I hate the machines at the gym (I’m trying to get over this), I just got my bike, and I’m a very uncoordinated girl. So when I heard about TrampoLEAN Fitness classes at AirHeads Trampoline Arena I was intrigued. Yes the klutz factor would still come into play, but at least I can’t fall OFF anything right?
TrampoLEAN Fitness is ideal for all fitness levels and ages and they offer a variety of classes. 10 Minutes Bouncing on a Trampoline is a more effective cardiovascular workout then 33 Minutes of running according to a study conducted by NASA. Burn up to 1,000 Calories per class in a Group Fitness environment that is both rewarding and fun.
Benefits of the TrampoLEAN Fitness classes include:
- Weight loss: Burn up to 1,000 calories an hour!
- Cardiovascular Health: AIRobics cardio classes increases the heart rate and gives your heart a great workout while increasing muscle strength
- A low impact workout: Jumping on a trampoline takes much of the stress off of joints.
- Muscle strengthening: A great workout for all muscles from your calves up to the stomach occurs when jumping on a trampoline
- Increased flexibility: Jumping on a trampoline strengthens muscles improving flexibility
- Improved posture: Along with improved balance, jumping on a trampoline can improve posture.
A group of 7 of us joined our instructor Marcus for an hour long, super fun class that kicked our butts. You know its a good work out when half the class is runners and we were ALL feeling it by the end.
You spend the hour doing different exercises and movements for 1 – 1.5 minutes each. We took two much needed, but short, water breaks before getting back to business. Have you ever tried to do push-ups, planks, or jumping jacks on a trampoline? It is a lot harder than you think! But in the end it was a great work out. I was pooped, but I didn’t feel like I’d been run over like a truck (like I felt after a bootcamp class).
Single Classes are $10 per class or you can sign up for a monthly plan that is just $25 a month (when you sign up for 3 months). They also offer a “Fit & Fun” deal where you can bring a child to jump for FUN while you get FIT.
So if you are looking for a new cross training idea or just want to jump around and have some fun, definitely check our what AirHeads has to offer. They have locations in Tampa and St. Pete/Clearwater as well for the west coast folks.
*Disclosure: The Central Florida Lady Bloggers were treated to a complimentary TrampoLEAN Fitness class. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.